Perfect for easy snacking on-the-go or to satisfy a sweet craving, guilt free.
Pre-Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes – Truly, it takes more time to get my children out the door for the school run every morning!
Makes 20-24 balls depending on how big you like them 😉
I cannot accept the idea that someone could not like them! Unless there are one of the annoying people who say, ‘I don’t like healthy food’ (what is that about, get over it or you will need good health insurance!) I believe there is a magic flavour combo for everyone. You can make these with dark chocolate chips if you’re a chocolate lover, I’ve tried this and they are the BOMB! They last for up to a week in the fridge, but believe me they will be GONE in a flash.
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 x tbsp of chia seeds
3 x tbsp of raw honey
½ cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, you choose)
1 x tsp of vanilla essence (optional)
1/3 cup of raisins, other dried fruit or chocolate chips
1-2 tbsp of either milk, water, rice milk, almond milk – whatever you like most
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl
- Mix in peanut butter, honey and vanilla (if using) so it starts to stick
- Add 1 x tbsp of liquid at a time, mix and repeat until it comes together forming a nice tight ball. Too dry and it will be a crumbly mess
- Roll mixture into balls with hands
- Place in fridge on greaseproof paper to set for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Bon Appetit!
Why not try experimenting with;
- Shredded coconut
- Mashed banana
- Ground almonds
- Zest and juice of 1 x lemon
- Dried cranberries
- Ground ginger
- Mixed spice for a Christmas feel!
- Mixed seeds – sesame, sunflower, pumpkin
I’d love to hear how you got on, which family member loved them most and see end results! Please post them on my facebook page coreprogressPT/