Continue reading only if you’re a HUGE fan of coconut!
Prep time 10 minutes
Baking Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 slices
I’m always on the hunt for new healthier options to satisfy my sweet tooth. I played around with the ingredients a little depending on what I had in the cupboards. A ‘quick’ trip to the supermarket is a thing of the past with an 18-month-old!
1 ½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
1 ½ cups oats
⅓ cup coconut sugar. I didn’t have this & the result was tasty without.
Pinch of salt
⅔ cup melted coconut oil
1 large beaten egg
3 tbsp local honey
⅔ cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp raspberry jam or preserve of choice
- Add ingredients into a bowl but leaving the jam to one side
- Put 2/3 of the mixture onto a lined baking tray and press down firmly
- Spread with a thin layer of raspberry jam
- Pour evenly over the remaining mixture and press down firmly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes until golden
- Leave to cool then slice
Please post your versions on my facebook page coreprogressPT/